We're going on a babymoon

It’s here! Ok check 1000 do I have my hospital bags & my notes. I read at least 50 ‘hospital bag essentials list’ and strolled through hundreds of Pinterest pages on what to pack. Bottom line is your gonna pack a million things you don’t need and forget a million things you do need, but guess what it really doesn’t matter (I’ll go into more detail of my hospital bag in another blog) If anyone is thinking of going on a babymoon just do it! Even if it’s just a night away a few miles from the house it’s so worth it and I look back now great full we did. We spent the weekend eating, sleeping, picking a middle name for our baby and yes I wore the underwear (he defiantly approved). That is one thing that surprised me about Ryan, he loved the way I looked when I was pregnant, he complimented me all the time and looked at me as if I was Megan fox (ok maybe he would disagree there) but I felt a million dollars. This was it, the last quality time we have just the two of us. I had never really thought about how having a baby would change us a couple, it had always just been us to. We did what we wanted, we were sometimes crazy, and we were selfish. 

The last night of our babymoon I had booked a table at the hotels restaurant, it was one of those restaurants you spend more time taking pictures of the food than eating it. I laughed and said to Ryan how embarrassing would it be if my waters broke here, I am a pretty sure the waitress was thinking the same thing but not laughing and instead smiling at me in pity. I said to Ryan he may as well have a bottle of wine because if anything did happen we wouldn’t be going anywhere quick because that’s what all the midwives say, relax, run a bath, listen to some music and stay at home as long as possible. I swear to god the minute he took his first sip of wine I felt a twinge, screw relaxing what the hell was that?! Ok calm down it was probably braxton hicks, turns out it was I remember saying to Ryan if these are contractions this is a piece of cake hahaha how wrong I was!!!



Comments

Popular Posts