The starting line

Wake up, leggings on, hair up, 20 Marlboro lights and couple of paracetamols to soften the hangover. 19 years old at university studying dance, 10 years down the line – operations manager, married to a military man with a new born baby… so how did this happen? 
After seeing family members and close friends living the military life I vowed to never marry a man in the military since I was a teenager, why would you want to be in a relationship and not see your partner for months on end, moving around every few years and never settling down. Whilst I could still ask those questions being married to a military man I now have answers to them. 
It’s simple, bang in he walk into my life. I’ll not go into the far from romantic meet story but it was a typical one night stand that turned in to crazy love within a few weeks. He was funny, interesting, and my god was he fit! Yes I knew he was in the military but at the time those questions I worried about didn’t even enter my head. 
Let’s fast forward 9 years of laughs, love, arguments, holidays, tears, and exactly what I was scared of, moving around and months on my own but those things didn’t matter because I was mad crazy in love. After being together for 9 years, married 4 we just knew that there was something missing in our lives. I found myself sitting on a sun lounger in the Mexican sun with a pina colada and a copy of the latest kardashion biography, thinking now this is the life. It wasn’t for me at that time I looked over to a family playing in the pool, laughing and playing, I was jealous. 

Comments

Popular Posts