A meal for two

I finally stopped crying long enough to call my mum and she knew instantly I needed her, by the time I got home from the hospital she was at my house with a meal for two, a share bag of chocolate, and this weeks gossip magazine. She threw her arms around me and hugged me the hardest she ever had (I’m crying writing this as looking back and now being a mum I can relate to how helpless she must of felt). That night she was just there for me to keep me company and fuel me with carbs, which I was great full for because let’s face it I was never going to eat or stop crying if I was on my own. 

Selfishly until I got home I hadn’t even thought about telling Ryan. What would I say to him? He was a million miles away and would feel completely helpless, do I even tell him? Shall I wait until I find out if there was anything wrong? My mum said that I should tell him but I knew I had to be calm. I had spent the night telling myself to not think of the worst but all I did was think about the worst. 

The next morning we got up early and my mum drove me to the hospital we was shown into a room with a bed and a monitor which I was hooked up to straight away. The midwife came into the room and said she had been told about what had happened and how sorry she was that I had to go through this because of the lack of care I had received. I instantly felt safe, I had my mum next to me and a midwife that couldn’t do enough for me. I was shown to the ultrasound room and within minutes the nurse advised me that I had a healthy girl growing perfectly well. 

At that moment anything going round my head had gone and I could breathe a sigh of relief. 

Comments

Popular Posts