Routine test

A week had gone by since Ryan had done the test, I tried to put it to the back of my mind but i knew everything had changed for me. I needed something to change my life so a career change was the only thing I had control over. I wasn’t myself, I was distant, blank, none of my friends or family knew any change as I kept the whole process to myself apart from one friend. I was a failure, why would I want to broadcast that?

If your trying for a baby you will know the monotonous task of pregnancy tests, over the years I must of peed on hundreds. It was a Friday morning and both me and Ryan had taken the day off work to travel down to the in-laws family in Dorset. I woke up and went to the toilet, Ryan shouted through the door that he was nipping out to get some petrol ready for the journey. For some reason I thought to myself I should be on my period by now but thought nothing of it due to the year and half of on/off periods who knows when i was actually ‘due’ one, so i grabbed a pregnancy test and did the deed. I came out of the toilet and put the test on the bedside table while I snuggled back in bed just for a cheeky five minutes while Ryan was out. a few minutes had passed and I rolled over to the test…. My eyes popped out of my head and i shouted at the top of my lungs ‘No way’, I 100% did not believe it. I sat up in bed for about 10 minutes just staring at the test. It was clear as day two big blue lines, I was pregnant!!! Me…. I had a baby growing inside of me…..

Five minutes later I heard the front door go and it was Ryan. I was still sat up in bed in shock. He shouted whilst walking up the stairs telling me he had a surprise for me, I responded and said so do I. He walked into the bedroom with a McDonalds bag and handed me a McMuffin (Husband goals) I burst into tears, He said to me ‘Babe its a muffin’. I turned to him and said look whilst pointing at the test, He looked at it and screwed up his face as if to say what is this. It then sunk in to him that it was a positive test after asking what two lines meant. He still (like me) didnt believe it was real so on the way to Dorset we went to Tesco and bought a clear blue because Ryan thought the cheaper ones could be wrong. The problem was I had already been to the toilet and didn’t need it again so we got on the road and started travelling we got half way and I saw a sign for a service station, it was time! Not the most glamours but both me and Ryan knew that we wouldn’t 100% believe it until we had done this test. We both went into the services and Ryan was waiting outside the toilets anxiously while I did a pregnancy test midday in a service station toilet. Within a minute the words ‘pregnant’ appeared on the screen, a few seconds later it said ‘2-3 weeks’. That was it, I could now be excited! I ran outside the toilets and said to Ryan I am 2 weeks pregnant and he just threw his arms around me in pure excitement and let out a little woo without trying to draw too much attention to himself. We then spend the next 3 hours in the car planning out our new lives as parents, well what we thought our new life would be like… We had no idea!

Comments

Popular Posts