Let's have a baby

After many conversations me and my husband decided we were going to stop taking precautions and try for a baby. It’s easy right, stop going to doctors and having my regular injection, have sex and bam I’ll be pregnant. Isn’t that what we all think before we actually start trying? 
I was on the contraception injection for around 6 years and loved it, no periods, no PMT, no babies, it was perfect.. until I stopped having it. 
That was it, no contraception so where are my periods? I spent most of my nights googling – “how to regain periods after the injection” standard response, eat well, exercise, be happy and wait. Yeah yeah well I am inpatient so what else? 
A year on and still no periods. At the time we were living in military quarters on a very small base in the middle of nowhere, I was commuting to work and out of the house 13 hours a day 5 days a week so meeting new people was not on the top of my agenda. I realise now if I had put the same amount of effort into trying to get to know people as I did into my work I probably wouldn’t of hated living there. 
I was miserable, my body wasn’t doing what it was supposed to, I felt like all I did was work, I hated where I lived and mainly why wasn’t I pregnant? It is not supposed to be this hard. 
I needed something to look forward to, I wasn’t getting pregnant anytime soon so I turned to my best friend and we decided to book a holiday to the Dominican for in three months time. Within a few weeks of booking the holiday my periods came back and they came back with a vengeance. They were heavy and the pain was constant, what is going on with my body? My emotions were crazy and all over the place, I honestly don’t know how my husband didn’t pack his bags. I was every emotion there is all in one day… most days. It was 2 days before the holiday and I was still on my period, yes a three month long period! I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t want to go on holiday, I was never going to put on a skimpy bikini and enjoy a glass of champagne in the sun when I’m bent double in pain. Enough was enough I got in the car and drove to local drop in surgery. The nurse offered me tablets that would stop my period within 2-3 days for the time I took the tablets so I asked for two weeks worth, I remember thinking these won’t work and also sitting in my car and saying to myself I waited a year for my periods and now I am going to take a tablet to stop them? But I did, and they worked! I put on my bikini and jumped in the pool, no pain, no periods and a glass of champagne in hand! 


Comments

Popular Posts