The glory days

I know its cliche to say but it is true, things happen when they are supposed to happen. I am a true believer of that and I look back now and know that this was the time I was supposed to be pregnant. I would of never bought a house or got my body to a healthy state, the career change was well and truly on the back burner but it didn’t matter because I now had a purpose.  

Everything was perfect until one day Ryan came home from work and told me he had some news, I knew what this meant he was either being posted or going away for a while. You get used to ‘The look’. He was going away for four months to the Falkland Islands, first thoughts how am I going cope pregnant on my own? A few weeks later and I had a word with myself, this was my chance to show everyone that if i can cope four months on my own whilst being pregnant I would be a good mum, Because that’s how it works right? 

 Now this is where my blog takes a turn and and I give the gory details of pregnancy & birth. 

8 weeks pregnant and still no morning sickness, this pregnancy thing is a breeze! oh how wrong I was. That week I had excruciating pains in my stomach and was severely constipated. I remember driving to work one day and having to pull over into a lay-by because the pain had got that strong I gripped the steering wheel and my nails had pierced the palms of my hands it made them bleed. I would go to the bathroom at work and sob in pain, googling how to stop the pain. At the weekend I went into Boots and asked what i could take whilst pregnant, I was given fiber gel this was soon to be my best friend. A few days later and the pain had gone. 

 16 weeks pregnant, still no morning sickness and the constipation had gone. Am I pregnant? surely it couldn’t be this easy? I had forgotten all about the days of pain and was loving the fact that I felt great. The time had come when Ryan was due to go away, at this point I had no bump, I couldn’t feel her kicking yet and we had only had one scan. We said our goodbyes and of course I spent the next 2-3 days sobbing, watching sad movies, and feeling sorry for myself. I felt awful that I had spent so long crying and realized that this could not be good for the baby so i thought to myself that was it I had to get myself into a routine and just get on with it. i had to prove to everyone that I could do this alone. 


Comments

Popular Posts