He's home!

The day is here!!!! Ryan is finally on the flight home, I am 37 weeks pregnant and the size of a house. Looking in the mirror that morning and thinking what will he think when he sees me? When he left I was 16 weeks pregnant and no bump. Now I have the body of a hippo, feet that resemble trotters, and nipples the size and colour of a Big Mac! I waited at the terminal with our two best friends for him to land. I looked around and sore a little girl with her mum holding a drawing of her and her daddy. She was jumping up and down gripping on to the drawing with both hands to her chest, so excited to see her daddy. How much harder is it going to be when we have had this baby and she has to say bye to her daddy for four months at a time? It’s going to break my heart.

The doors opened and people started coming through, I was bursting with nerves. There he was I could see his shinny head beaming through the doors, I was grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down just like the little girl. He came up to me and planted a big kiss on me. Seconds later that was my time over, he went down to his knees in front of everyone waiting for there loved ones and kisses my belly.



This was definitely a perfect husband moment he looked up and me and said you look amazing babe. That was all I needed and more, I felt bloody incredible! I had seen on a few 'mummytobe' forums people going on babymoons (it’s a pre baby arrival get away) I thought what a lovely idea, a nice long weekend away just the two of us. So I booked a hotel not too far from the hospital as I was only two weeks away from my due date, and planned a weekend of as much fun as you can have when your pregnant (this mainly consisted of food and pedicures). I spoke to my best friend a few days before and asked her if I should buy some sexy underwear. I mean I didn’t feel sexy, fingers so fat I now can’t wear a wedding ring, a belly button I am terrified is going to pop out any minute, and a lady area I can’t even see to make a judgement on. But you know what he’s been away four months I’m pretty sure he would find my little toe sexy. 

Comments

Popular Posts